Paani Puri

>> Saturday, December 30, 2006


Ingredients:

Cream of wheat (sooji) - 1 cup
Maida - 2 tsp

Procedure:

  • In a bowl mix sooji and maida. Add water little bit at a time to make a dough (mix delicately. The consistency should be similar to poori dough.)
  • Make the dough into 1/2" balls.
  • Using a poori presser or tortilla maker press these balls into 2" circles.
  • Add oil to a deep bottomed pan on medium heat for deep frying.
  • When the oil is hot deep fry the flattened pooris (5 to 6 at a time) until they turn golden brown on both sides.
  • Drain them on paper towel to remove excess oil.

Paani puris are ready to be used. Serve them with the paani (spiced water) and the chutneys.


Source: This recipe is from my good friend Pramila.

2 comments:

Anonymous March 10, 2007  

Hi Prabha,

I love all recipes in your blog. I particularly liked this because Paani Puri is my personal favourite. Can you please post the recipe for ugadi pachchadi, andhra style? TIA.

MK

Misti November 22, 2007  

This looks so yummy! I bet it is sooji that makes it crunchy. But I wouldn't have known if you hadn't shown here.

Could you please let me know what brand of tortilla make you used ? I am looking to buy one but not sure which one I should. Thanks

Post a Comment

Grab this button:
Cookbook Button link

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP