>> Wednesday, October 07, 2015
Milk - 5 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Lemon Juice - 1 Tbsp
Rose Essence - a few drops (optional)
All purpose flour - 1 tsp
- Bring milk to boil in a pan. Slowly add lemon juice to milk while stirring constantly. When milk curdles remove pan from stove top and leave it covered for 15 minutes.
- Place muslin cloth over a bowl and pour the curdled milk into muslin cloth and strain. Gather up the corners of the muslin cloth and tie. Hang the muslin bag for 15 minutes and gently squeeze the bag.
- Place the bag between two cutting boards and place a heavy weight around 5 pounds on the top board for about an hour. Untie the bag and place chenna on a plain surface.
- Add all purpose flour and continue to knead chenna until the grains disappear and chenna becomes soft and creamy (for about 5 minutes).
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal parts and roll each part into a smooth and even ball.
- Put sugar and water into the pressure cooker. Place cooker on high heat and bring it to a boil stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved. Carefully place the chenna balls one by one into the syrup.
- Close cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 7 minutes. Remove cooker from heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Open cooker and stir in the rose essence. Transfer rasagollas with syrup into a serving bowl.